Well hello family, friends and world!!!
I’m so glad you decided to stop by and check out my blog. Welcome!
My name is Jocelyn aka “The Student” and on March 27, 2010 I married my best friend, Jheremy, aka “The Hubs”. My husband is everything to me. He is someone I admire and deeply respect. I love him with my whole heart and honestly my life would not be the same without him in it.
We live in Houston, Texas where I am a graduate student and “The Hubs” has a “real job”…lets face it…one of us has to work. We currently don’t have any children or pets but I plan on this blog being around long enough so that you can all share in our life’s journey together.
Some interesting (ehhh, maybe not) facts about me:
- I call myself “The Student” simply because that’s what I am and what I’ll always be when it comes to my spirituality and how I conduct myself as a wife. I am constantly learning how to be a better person and like all of us, I am a work in progress.
- There is probably nothing that I am more enthusiastic about than being a wife. I love my husband to pieces!!!
- I’m in graduate school and I’m pursuing a Ph.D in Cell and Molecular Biology. I am fascinated with the human and mouse brain. I have a scientific publication and a review article published under my maiden name (I’m working on a third) but, don’t worry…even though the blog has a science theme (cause I love science so much!!!) you won’t find much “science” here.
- I love to read books (I’m a huge nerd) and I like to write children’s stories/books. Most people don’t know I write children’s stories (not even my closest friends) but I am thankful for my husband who takes my hobby very seriously and often encourages me to pursue self-publishing. We’ll see though…
- I am a reality tvaholic and a magazine addict. Reality TV my way of de-stressing and zoning out. Since their reality will NEVER be my reality I find certain shows incredibly entertaining. You’ll find that a lot of the “wives” shows and interesting stuff I find in magazines may inspire some of the topics in this blog.
- I both love (when I get to be creative) and hate (when I absolutely have to) to cook. I’m not very good at it but I try really hard to keep it interesting. Its one part of trying to be “domestic” that I find the most challenging and I’ll be sure to keep you all updated in my “Adventures in Cooking.”
- I love scary movies although I usually can’t sleep for a few nights after watching them (one point where a husband to cuddle up next to comes in handy).
- I love to talk with married people and really just anyone who is interested about our biblical roles as husbands and wives.
- I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up but it will involve science. I love science!!! I think I said that already.
At the end of the day, I’m just a woman who wants to share with you that marriage can be amazing…if you are committed to making it that way. My hope is that you find my blog entertaining, inspiring and truthful. Feel free to drop in and visit as often as you’d like. I’d love to hear from you so make sure to say hello.