Well hello everyone!!! I hope you all enjoyed your holidays. Oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!. I was traveling over the holidays since as many of you may know (if you follow me on twitter) that my hubby is out of the country on a work assignment. Oh, how I miss him terribly. Please keep him in your prayers because he is in a country governed by Sharia Law and while he is likely not going to experience any trouble, a wife still worries about her husband. Anyway, I just wanted to apologize for not updating my list of reasons why I married my sweetie. But, I’m back and I don’t foresee missing anymore weeks. That being said, it’s Thursday so that means I have a new list of 7 more reasons I married my husband. I can’t believe that after this post we’ll already be up to 218 reasons. I tell you God is so awesome and I love to not only honor my husband, but honor God as well for creating this man just for me. Soooooooo….the reason I married my husband is…
212. …he wants to be a good husband. My husband didn’t just want to be a husband, he wanted to be a good husband. Periodically, he takes it upon himself to check in with me. By this I mean he asks me if I’m happy. He wants to know if I’m satisfied with his performance as priest, provider and protector in this marriage. While I rarely ever have a complaint, he does take constructive criticism very well and we work together to put a plan in action to meet one another’s expectations. I don’t know who gave him this piece of advice to ask me to teach him what my needs are and to communicate about how he can better meet them, but I thank you! Also, I thank my husband for being the type of man who isn’t afraid to let me teach him how to love me, because that requires him to vulnerable with me and surrender his heart.
213. …he’s Team Jacob. This one makes me laugh. While my husband is anything but a Twilight fan he goes to every movie with me. While he never complains he spends most of the time in the theater with this look on his face that’s like, you know I must love you because there are so many things I’d rather be doing with my time right now. But, because my hubby has seen all of these sappy movies he’s admitted that if he had to be on a team it would be Team Jacob. I totally agree. His rationale, first Edward is dead and he can offer Bella no potential for a future whatsoever. They have to live a life of secrecy, deceit and lies. With Jacob, Bella would not have to change who she is or even who she wants to be. She can be open and honest about her feelings. He even says, heck, “They can go out into the sunlight together.” LOL! Basically he sees Bella a selfish, impatient human being who only thinks about herself and in my husband words, “Love is not self seeking, but it is patient!”
214. …his chin is so cute. My husband has an oval shaped face and he doesn’t really like his cheeks because even though he is a very lean man, his cheeks are a little puffy. It’s totally not a weigh thing, just the shape of his face. His chin has this little cushiony (he is probably going to kill me for writing this) part right under his bottom lip that has a very mild dimple and like his cheeks it’s a little puffy as well. I love it, I love it, I love it. Sometimes he thinks I’m going to kiss him on the lips, but I end up kissing his chin and he acts like he’s all annoyed, but I know he secretly loves it!
215. …he found a wife. I did not pursue my husband. We have known each other since we were 12, but when he became interested in me, he pursed me. When he became ready to take on a wife, he let me know that it was his intention to marry. I never once had to push him to grow up, be more mature or even decide where this relationship was going. When my husband asked me to marry him, I asked him why he wanted to marry me. He replied that in me he saw a wife, his wife. He was able to tell me the absolute qualities that I possessed that let him know he had found a wife. I don’t claim to be the perfect Proverbs 31 woman, although I strive to be like her. Like her, (my husbands words, not mine) I am confident, loving, giving, respectable, compassionate, smart, a hard worker and modest. Probably the reason that I knew he was most serious was when he called me blessed (Proverbs 31:28).
216. …he’s a natural leader. I can’t even begin to imagine how scary it would be to submit to a man with no leadership abilities. There are tons of women in relationships wondering where in the world it’s going. My husband has always had a plan that he has executed with grace and this allows me to feel confident in knowing that he his doing what is best for our family. I don’t mind being led when the path is clear. But because my hubby leads with such loving authority I wouldn’t even mind following him when the path is covered in darkness.
217. …he makes me want to give him the world. I mentioned before that my hubby and I used to often miscommunicate when it came to our respective love languages. And I admitted from time to time, we still do. Hey, no one’s perfect. I tend to show love by giving gifts. My husband perceives love in the form of physical touch and quality time. Even still, I love this man and I want to give him everything his heart desires. I think when you love someone, you want to give them the world. You want to give them you, you want to give them the moon and the stars if that would make them happy.
218….he shares his French fries. Small tidbit about me. I am an only child. I admit, I have a problem with sharing. Why? Because I’ve never had to. I didn’t actually learn to share until I became a freshman in college and had to live with a roommate (who is still one of my best friends in the entire world). There is something infuriating to me about my hubby taking food off of my plate. I know that’s totally unfair because I take food off of his plate all of the time. While I know this is something that I personally need to work on, I am so happy to be married to a man who doesn’t mind sharing his French fries with me. The question is, what the heck is my problem? I think they have counseling for that.
If you are just joining me on this quest to list 365 reasons I married my hubby I encourage you to check out all of the other reasons I got married. Feel free to leave me some reasons you got married or want to get married in the comment box below. I love to hear from you guys!!!