The reason I married my husband is…
127. …he knows when to order pizza. There are days when work is tough, hours are long, gradification is nothing close to instant and because of it I am spent. On these days hubby does not expect a home cooked meal. He does not expect that I’ll feel like doing anything other than whining about my crappy day and running to the safety of his arms. He listens to me and because he listens to me he knows what he has to do to take a little bit of the stress out of my day. Thank you Babe for thinking of me.
128. …he’s not easily intimidated. My husband can stand in a room full of PhDs and hold an intellectual and stimulating conversation. Now don’t get me wrong, my husband is no scrub. He has a degree in electrical engineering, but you know how people with terminal degrees can be sometimes (stuck up, dry and just plain boring). Everyone who talks to him usually falls in love with him. I admire how he’s able to find some common ground with most anyone.
128. …he has confidence in himself. This is surely one of the sexiest things about my hubby. Enough said.
129. …because I’m selfish. There are parts of my husband that I don’t have to share with anybody else. Not just the obvious parts like the physical, but emotional and spiritual parts as well. No one knows him better than I do. No one knows his struggles better than I (well definitely God does). Our bond is in the opportunity for us to endure those struggles together by praying for one another and praying with one another. It is this part of our bond, our friendship and our marriage that is just for us. We don’t have to share and we don’t have to let anyone else in. It’s a purely intimate relationship between God, my husband and myself.
130. …he’s irreplaceable. Okay, Beyonce, I don’t know about your husband, but mine is irreplaceable. Let’s be honest, maybe there is another man out there that could do all of the superficial things better than my husband, like wine and dine me, provide romantic surprises, etc… But, he’d always compete for that spot in my heart that is held by my husband. No one could ever replace him because the impact that he has had on my life has help shape the person that I am today.
131. …because he makes me confront the truth about myself. Whenever I am stressed about work, I go though the same tiresome progression of events, treating my stressful situation as if this is the first time I’ve ever been confronted with this sort of thing. My husband can see it a mile away and he’s always there to remind me that there are things about me that are true and that I shouldn’t take for granted. For instance, he knows I always give my best effort. He knows I push myself. He knows I challenge myself. He knows I stand up for what I believe. He knows I like to be prepared. So when those times come that I become my worst critic he forces me to confront those truths. He refuses to let me beat myself up. It’s nice to have someone remind you of the things you know, but often refuse to see as “good enough.” I know we walk down this road over and over again, but I hope he never gets tired of showing me the way to the place we’ve been 10,000 times.
132. …because he was that person that made me wonder “what if?” During one of our breakups in college I spent a little over a year dating a really wonderful person. Things only ended because despite the fact that he was an amazing person, my heart was elsewhere. My mind was elsewhere. My love was elsewhere. Something was always pulling me back to my husband making me ask, “What if…?” I’ve never regretted going with my “what if” because my “what if” forced me to be honest with myself about my feelings.
133. …he can admit there are things I can do better. I can negotiate cost of most anything and get a lower rate. I can assemble furniture in a matter of minutes. I can take an idea and make it come to life. There are a ton of things I can do better than my husband and a ton of things he can do better than me, but what I love about him is that there is no man-pride associated with any of this. He doesn’t associated certain things with gender and therefore doesn’t have the belief that just because he is a man he should be able to do certain things better than me. He’s not afraid to ask me for help because he knows I was placed in his life to be his help meet.
If you’ve enjoyed this post and you want to check out all of the other reasons I married my husband simply click below. Enjoy!