The reason I married my husband is…
57. …he knows how to be honest, but tender. Like a lot of women, I am guilty of asking my hubby if the outfit I’ve selected for a particular day/occasion makes me look fat. Now I know I’m not fat, but we all have those days when we aren’t particularly happy with the way we look. Whenever I ask my hubby about my chosen look he always answers me honestly, but in a way that also reminds me that I have the power to change the way I look (with diet and exercise) if I’m not happy. I love that he feels comfortable enough to give me his honest assessment and that he knows how to do it in a way that preserves my feelings, but encourages me to take responsibility.
58. …he has a “do what you have to do, so you can do what you want to do” attitude. That should be self explanatory. I’m learning how to adopt this phrase and apply it to my own life little by little.
59. …he will buy anyone food if they are hungry. If he’s got it then you’ve got it. I have seen my hubby walk up to complete strangers (who were obviously homeless) and offer to buy them something too eat. He can’t stand to see someone in need. He’s always mindful of the fact that any of us could be a layoff or one paycheck away from being in a similar predicament.
60. …he knows how to dress. One of the things that attracted me to my hubby, back when we were dating as teenagers, was the fact that he never dressed according to trends. As a young man he never did the baggy/saggy jeans, over sized t-shirts or any other fashion trend that fell into typical hip hop culture. He has always had his own since of style, which I would describe as neat, fitted, sexy and confident. He looks amazing in a suit and tuxedo…I had to stop myself from jumping his bones all night at our wedding reception.
61. …he truly believes I have the power of persuasion. This probably goes hand in hand with him having full confidence in me, but you’d have a hard time convincing my husband otherwise. Let me explain. Before we were married, I used to call my car insurance company every time the new bill for the 6 months arrived. I called on his behalf as well and was able to get us both reduced rates. Just yesterday I was able to get Progressive to drop the price of our policy another $75. I’ve tried to explain to him that all you have to do is just call and ask them to work with you, but he’s convinced I can persuade people to reduce the price and give me free stuff. I’ve always been able to get the best rates at hotels and negotiate costs for just about anything. At the beginning of summer I managed to get the lady at Saks to give me 40% off of a $400 Furla bag. I think it’s cute that he believes I have the power to save us money. I really don’t…I think people just like me.
62. …he has a can do attitude. If you want to motivate my husband just tell him anything that he “can’t” do. He will definitely prove you wrong.
63. …he makes me smile. I don’t know how or even what it is exactly, but I’m usually just in a better mood when he’s around.
If you’ve missed any other the other reasons I married my hubby you can check them out below. I hope this inspires you to begin a list of your own!: