Wow! It’s Thursday already! You know what that means!?!? Thursday means it’s time to show my hubby some love by listing 7 reasons I decided to marry him. It’s been an exciting journey for me to share not only my readers, but also with my hubby all the reasons that I decided that marrying him would be the second most important decision in my life. This exercise has been wonderful for my marriage as it has allowed me to express my appreciation for the person I love the most. Additionally, reminding myself of all these reasons gives me the opportunity to encourage my husband. I want him to understand that there are things great and small about him which make our marriage a wonderful place to be. I’m not saying that everything about our marriage is perfect, but I feel that when you decide to focus on the things in your marriage that are wonderful and right, eventually that’s all you’ll see.
The reasons I married my husband are…
43. …he adores me. Okay, I have to admit that I truly appreciate this one. I know there are days when I less than adorable, but those are the days when he puts extra effort in to adoring me the most.
44. …he is proactive about his health. I have never had to coerce my husband into going to the doctor. In fact, he will go to the doctor if notices any little thing. He makes all of his appointments by himself, researches physicians and comes prepared with a list of questions. He takes his health very seriously which says to me that he understands how important it is for him to “be around” for his wife and future family.
45. …he pays his tithes. Even when we were in high school and college my husband understood the importance of giving the first 10% of your earnings back to the Lord. I found this incredibly admirable that even at such a young age he was already doing things that demonstrated his obedience to the Lord.
46. …we have similar child rearing ideas/ideals. I can tell you one thing…we won’t be taking any mess from our future children. We talk about them all the time, mostly when we are annoyed by seeing how other people handle their children in public places. We are not trying to have children at present, but I can promise them one thing, everything we say and do with them is going to intentional! Children: You will grow up to be productive members of society who make major contributions to those less fortunate. That’s just the way it will be. Get used to it!
47. …he is quick to forgive. I have learned so much from my husband about forgiveness. I’m mostly learned that it is easy to do if we have the right frame of mind. Sometimes he has to remind me that it is easy to forgive others because of the way in which Christ forgave us. It literally killed Christ to forgive us, but he did it. I love you hubby for holding me to that higher standard.
48. …I always feel thankful that he’s in my life. I’m not sure he knows I do this, but sometimes when he is sleeping I place my hand on my hubby’s forehead and pray. I thank God that he loved me enough to send such a wonderful person into my life. Thank you, God, for writing my love story. I’ll always view my hubby as a blessing and treat him as such.
49. …he plays with my hair when he is on the phone. Okay, I admit this sounds weird, but hear me out. Sometimes when my hubby is on the phone and I am sitting right next to him, he strokes my hair, rubs my shoulder or rubs my calf muscle. I don’t think this is a conscious action on his part, but it makes me feel connected to him even when his attention is focused elsewhere. Maybe it also has something to do with the fact that I love my husband’s touch. I’ll admit it!
If you want to check out reasons 1-42 that I married my hubby…click here!