This week, as promised, I’ll not only give you a list of 7 additional reasons I knew my hubby was the one with whom I wanted to spend the rest of my life, but I’m going to ask you to participate in this journey with me by Blogging Responsively. Every Thursday after I give you my list, I’m going to ask you to blog about something that challenges you to discover something new about your marriage. This is a fun way for all of my fellow wife bloggers to interact and give one another comment love. You can thank Charli over at Man Wife and Dog Blog for the inspiration and letting me borrow her idea. If you like this idea you can also participate in the Love Homework assignments over at her blog. Lastly, a special thanks goes out to Charli for creating this Fab Button below.
Click here to check out reasons 1- 14 and in the mean time, here are 7 more reasons I married my husband…
15 …he tips generously. I don’t know if this is because my husband worked in food service during college or if he enjoys showing his appreciation for good service, but I find this behavior very attractive.
16 …he rubs my feet without me having to ask. Sometimes when my hubby is sitting on the couch and I’m laying at the other end he just starts massaging my feet. I don’t know if he’s doing it on purpose or if he’s just doing it because my feet are already on his lap, but I greatly appreciate when that the “foot rubbing spirit” hits him.
17 …he listens to me gripe about anything without trying to offer a solution. Ladies I know complain that when they are stressed and want to “talk” about their problems with their significant other, rather than listen (men…that’s what we want you to do), they try to offer a solution to the problem. Most times, women don’t want a solution, they just want to talk. My hubby always lends me an attentive ear.
18. …he gives the best hugs. I’m not typically a very affectionate person, but I have to hug my husband at least twice a day. I feel lost without his touch. What I like most about his hugs is that they come without (most of the time) a hint that sex to always needs to follow. I think woman need nonsexual touch from our mates. It’s nice to know that when we put our arms around one another we genuinely enjoy just being close to each other.
19. …he brings me holiday/birthday breakfast. The last time was Easter Sunday. My husband woke up early and went to McDonald’s and brought me back a sausage and egg biscuit. I have one every Sunday morning before church. We didn’t attend on Easter Sunday (we volunteered our usual seats to the CME members), but hubby was thoughtful enjoy to go and get my favorite Sunday morning fatty treat. He woke me with a McDonald’s bag and a “Happy Easter Babe.” Such as sweetie!
20. …he plans a date at least once a week. Even if it’s just a movie or dinner he makes sure that our common love language, quality time, is met. Our lives and schedules are pretty busy, but it makes me feel so loved when makes plans for us to spend time together.
21. …he calls his grandmother. Hubby calls his grandma at least once a week so see how she’s doing. They have a pretty close relationship. He understands how important it is to maintain a bond with family even across the miles.
So now that you know my 7 additional reasons for marrying my hubby I wan to introduce you to the rules for the Blogging Responsively Blog Hop:
1) Stop by Science of Marriage Blog on Thursday for updates on this week’s Blogging Responsively assignment. If it’s something you’d like to try, do so, then blog about it sometime that week.
2) You must include the 365 Reasons I Married My husband badge at the bottom of each post so that other wife bloggers can easily identify each other and to help get the word out!
3) Grab the link hop party code for each post by clicking “Get The Code Here” and place it in the bottom of your post using the html editor. This allows you to get links of other bloggers who have participated in Blogging Responsively!
4) Come back and add a link to your “Blogging Responsively” post in the link party beneath that week’s assignment post.
5) Visit the other “Blogging Responsively” posts and give these other gals some comment love.
6) Remember to insert the badge into your post by copying and pasting the badge code below into your html post editor. After that…you’re all done. Enjoy!
For this weeks Blogging Responsively let’s take a look in the mirror and try to see what our husbands saw when they chose us as wives. I want you to describe 3 reasons you feel your husband chose you to be his wife. Share these reasons with him (and us) and let’s see if you’re correct. If not, what 3 reasons does your hubby give for choosing you to be his wife? I hope your self-esteem flies through the roof from hearing his answers.