Wives: To refresh your memory…here’s the 30-Day Encouragement Challenge…for the next 30 days:
- You can’t say anything negative about your husband …to your husband…or to anyone else, about your husband. *
- Say something that you admire or appreciate about your husband…to your husband…and to someone else, about your husband!
“The heart of her husband safely trusts her; so he will have no lack of gain. She does him good and not evil all the days of her life.” Prov. 31:11-12
To help you get started, have you ever thanked your husband for “choosing you” above all other women? He found you attractive as a person, and appreciated you. Though many circumstances in your marriage may have changed, let your husband know that you are glad God led you together, and that you want to be a blessing to him for the rest of your marriage. Let him know that he can trust you to be in his corner. One of the best opportunities to express your gratitude is first thing in the morning. How do you greet your husband each morning? Is he confident in your love? Give him a ”wake up call” that he’ll never forget-a big “I love you” and an “I’m so glad I’m your wife!”
© Revive Our Hearts. Used with permission. www.reviveourhearts.com
Husbands: For the next 30 days, these two ground rules will be the basis of your relationship with your wife:
- You can’t say anything negative about your wife… to your wife… or to anyone else about your wife.
- Say something that you admire or appreciate about your wife… to your wife… or to someone else about your wife every day.
“The Lord God said, ‘It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him. ” Gen 2:18
As a Christian, you must know that men and women bring to the marriage different strengths, gifts, and outlooks on life and love. Think about some ways that your wife is “good for you,” ways in which she makes you and/or your life better. Is she the one that brings color to your life by decorating the home and making it enjoyable to come home? Does she inspire you to try new things that you would not have tried otherwise? Do you still get that warm, gushy feeling when she looks at you and smiles to tell you that she is glad you chose her?
- Make a list of ways your life is better because of your wife.
- Share the list with your wife and tell her how good it is that she is your helper and that you are not alone.
These words, coming from the most important man in her life, will bring great joy and encouragement to your wife.
Written and distributed by Claudia J. Pate. www.theanniversaryshop.wordpress.com